Become acquainted with the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO 27001
This course enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013, as well as the best practices for implementing the information security controls of the eleven domains of the ISO 27002. This training also helps to understand how ISO 27001 and ISO 27002 relate with ISO 27003 (Guidelines for the implementation of an ISMS), ISO 27004 (Measurement of information security) and ISO 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
This course is based on both theory and practice, including sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases, review exercises to assist the exam preparation, and practice test similar to the certification exam.
The course is aimed at:
- Members of an information security team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 27001 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ISMS
- CxO and Senior Managers responsible for the IT governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Understand the implementation of an Information Security Management System in accordance with ISO27001
- Understand the relationship between an Information Security Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- Know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Information Security Management System
- Acquire the necessary Knowledge to contribute in implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) as specified in ISO 27001
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO 27001
- Introduction to the ISO 27000 family of standards
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles information security
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 10 of ISO 27001
- Implementation phases of ISO 27001 framework
- Continual improvement of Information Security
- Conducting an ISO 27001 certification audit
Day 2: Implementing controls in information security according to ISO 27002 and Certification Exam
- Principles and design of information security controls
- Documentation of an information security control environment
- Monitoring and reviewing the information security controls
- Examples of implementation of information security controls based on ISO 27002 best practices
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation exam (1 hour).
The Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of information security
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System (ISMS)
A certificate of Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to this credential. Certification fees is included in the course fee.
- A student manual containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed to participants
- A participation certificate of 14 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits will be issued to participants
- In case of failure of the exam, participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions
If you would like to discuss your training needs in more detail, please call us on 0203 728 6555, or send us a message using the form below and a training consultant will be in touch.