This course is designed for managers and senior professionals in information security who intend to take the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) examination. Recognised internationally, CISM certification is issued by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). The curriculum covers all five of the key domains addressed in the exam: Information Security Governance, Information Risk Management, Information Security Program Development, Information Security Program Management, and Incidents Management and Response.
The course is aimed at candidates and prospective candidates for the CISM examination and those wishing to expand their knowledge in the field of Information Security Management.
At the end of this course, students must be able to:
- Establish and maintain a framework to provide assurance that information security strategies are aligned with business objectives and consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify and manage information security risks to achieve business objectives.
- Design, develop and manage an information security program to implement the information security governance framework.
- Oversee and direct information security activities to execute the information security program.
- Develop and manage a capability to respond to and recover from disruptive and destructive information security events.
- Participants must possess basic knowledge about the different domains that will be addressed in the CISM exam. The course is an intensive review in preparation for the examination, not basic training.
- Participants must understand English since the provided documentation is written in that language.
The 4-day course covers the following CISM domains:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management
- Information Security Program Development
- Information Security Program Management
- Incidents Management and Response
- Exam Preparation: Practice Exam, questions-answers
Exam and Certification
The certification exam is not included with the course. To apply for the examination, go to the official web site of the ISACA (www.isaca.org).
CISM certification is based on a multiple-choice exam (in English or French) consisting of 200 questions about the 5 domains – Length: 4 hours.
If you would like to discuss your training needs in more detail, please call us on 0203 728 6555, or send us a message using the form below and a training consultant will be in touch.