The UK Government introduced the Cyber Essentials scheme to offer companies of all sizes the chance to demonstrate their commitment to cyber security through independent security certification. The Cyber Essentials scheme has been developed as part of the UK’s National Cyber Security programme in conjunction with industry.
As an IASME-accredited Cyber Essentials certification body, we can provide you with the support and expertise you need to make sure you protect your business and achieve Cyber Essentials certification for your organisation. Completing the Cyber Essentials certification through us also means you could be eligible for free Cyber Insurance cover for up to £25,000 from the insurance group AIG.
We provide three Cyber Essentials Scheme services:
- On-line Cyber Essentials Scheme self-assessment
- Supported Cyber Essentials Scheme self-assessment
- Cyber Essentials Plus assessment
If you have the in-house resource and skills available to collect the information required for self-assessment, you can sign up and pay for the on-line self-assessment on our on-line store. Once we have received your payment, we will provide you with an on-line assessment account, and you can complete the on-line self-assessment questionnaire from there. Our certification team will verify your responses, ask for further supporting details if required, and issue you with your CES certificate if you pass.
Download your free Cyber Essentials self-assessment preparation pack here.
Assisted Cyber Essentials Assessment
If you need more detailed assistance to help you complete the Cyber Essentials self-assessment, our Assisted Assessment approach consists of 5 steps designed to make it as effortless as possible for you to achieve Cyber Essentials certification:
- Buy the service from our on-line store, and book an appointment with one of our consultants.
- We meet with you, either in person or over video-conference, to complete a detailed Cyber Essentials assessment. We highlight the gaps you need to address to be compliant with the scheme.
- We provide clear practical recommendations on the most appropriate ways to address these gaps.
- Once you have addressed the gaps, our certification team verifies your completed assessment
- If you pass, we issue your Cyber Essentials certificate.
We charge a flat rate of £995* for the assisted self-assessment service which covers our consulting time as well as the certification assessment fee.
Stepping up to Cyber Essentials Plus
Once you have achieved Cyber Essentials certification, you may require an upgrade to Cyber Essentials Plus. We can also make this as effortless as possible:
- We perform a security vulnerability test on your key systems, as per the CESG Cyber Essentials Plus common test specification.
- We provide you with a report of our findings highlighting any major scheme non-compliances that you need to address. We also provide you with targeted recommendations to help you address these issues.
- Once the major non-compliances have been addressed to the level required for certification, we issue you with your Cyber Essentials Plus certificate.
Costs for our Cyber Essentials Plus assessment service vary according to your level of internet connectivity and the diversity of your internal IT infrastructure. If you are an SME with up to 50 members of staff and have less than 4 externally facing IP addresses the Cyber Essentials Plus assessment service is £1,495* and can be purchased from our on-line store.
For more than 50 members of staff and/or more than 4 externally facing IP addresses please contact us for a quote.
Affordable Cyber Essentials Plus certification for SMEs
If you are an SME with up to 50 members of staff, have less than 4 externally facing IP addresses, and are looking to obtain Cyber Essentials Plus certification, you can take advantage of our all inclusive Assisted Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus offer of only £1,995*. This offer combines the Assisted Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus services and benefits above to effortlessly take you all the way from zero to certified, and can be bought from our on-line store.
CESG currently requires annual recertification for Cyber Essentials. For basic Cyber Essentials, this means resubmitting your self-assessment questionnaire to us for evaluation and re-issuing of your certificate. For Cyber Essentials Plus, CESG requires re-submission of the basic Cyber Essentials questionnaire as well as a complete Cyber Essentials Plus re-test to be performed every year. Annual re-certification fees will therefore be on par with your original certification costs.
*All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.